Mom Who Killed Children Researched How To Do It

A Massachusetts mother is facing murder charges after she allegedly strangled her three young children to death with workout bands in their house in January.

Prosecutors say Lindsay Clancy, 32, strangled her three children, ages 5, 3, and 8 months, with exercise bands at her house in Duxbury before attempting to kill herself. Clancy was indicted last month on three counts of murder and strangulation.

In January, the Plymouth District Court granted 11 search warrants that were sealed due to privacy concerns. Items like a belt, a bathrobe, pajamas, and a silver knife were seized using the warrants, along with workout bands, pharmaceuticals, computers, notebooks, phones, and more. Investigators also collected forensic evidence from the roof and the area near the family’s bedroom window on the second level.

Patrick Clancy, her husband of six years, informed investigators that Lindsay often saw psychiatrists and was given a wide variety of drugs, including Ativan, Zoloft, Trazadone, Klonopin, Prozac, Valium, and Seroquel.

Patrick told a family friend a month earlier that he was worried about his wife’s mental health and that she was going through withdrawal from an anxiety medication.

Clancy brought her daughter to the pediatrician on the morning of January 24, visited a nearby CVS shop to inquire about a stool softener prescription, and ordered supper at the ThreeV restaurant in Plymouth.

Using Apple Maps on her phone, she calculated how long someone would take to go from her home in Duxbury to ThreeV in Plymouth, as stated in court records.

Clancy allegedly asked her husband to pick up the food order from the restaurant and the prescription from CVS via text message.

Court records stated that upon Patrick’s return home, he saw a broken window and blood on the floor.

Court records state that he raced out back and saw Lindsay lying on the ground, bleeding from her wrists and neck but still conscious. He immediately dialed 911.

The three kids’ dad discovered them in the cellar. On January 24th, the hospital confirmed the deaths of Cora and Dawson.

Callan suffered severe trauma and was taken by helicopter to Boston Children’s Hospital, where he was put on life support but ultimately passed away on January 27.